Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's March, Bitches!!!!!

A) I couldn't look at Lady Elaine anymore, and B) it's time to start thinking about March Madness. Here are a few teams I like.

1) The Big-12 second tier. Mizzu plays that hard-to-prepare-for full court press. Their coach (Mike Anderson) took friggin UAB to conscucitve sweet 16s using this style and also made a run last year. They'll probably be a 7 or 8 seed who'll spring an upset. I also like Baylor as a 9-10 seed, and can you believe Texas A&M has won a tournament game in each of the last 4 years? No joke - look it up.

2) Ole Miss. Yeah, I know the Rebels might not even make the dance. But if they do, they've got the 3 guard lineup to scare anyone. I see a nice 10-7 upset for Ole Miss.

3) Ohio State. I'm hoping for OSU to fail in the Big-11 tournament and get like a low 2, high 3 seed in the NCAAs. If they do, the Buckeyes will lay in the weeds and reach the Final 4. I could easily see Evan Turner beat a young squad like Kentucky to reach Indianapolis.

4) Cornell. Out of the Ivy, Cornell will probably get a terrible seed. Doesn't matter. They'll scare the shit out of whoever they play in round 1 and 2. Book it.

5) Vanderbilt. Just look at their records the last 6 years, you'll be stunned. It's a good program. They'll win two games and you'll be asking WTF??

6) The Golden Eagles of Marquette. Has anybody exceeded expectations more than Marquette? I have to give props to Buzz....coming in they had: Lazar Hayward, a couple JUCOs, zero size, zero depth, and were picked 12th in the Big East. MU has crushed those predictions. They seem to play to the level of the competition, so if they play a junk team or a stud in the tourney, expect the game to be decided in the final minute.

Warning: You should probably bet AGAINST these teams as I really don't know what the F i'm talking about. Thanks.

Striker, Murdock, and I will be Curling on Saturday - so expect an awesome post about that experience. The odds of me falling on my ass? Even.

1 comment: