Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Can You Lower That to 9 Feet?


JR - where have you gone?
.
I went to the YMCA to take the boy to the pool last weekend.
.
After he was sick of the pool, we stopped in the basketball gym so he could run around chasing basketballs for a few minutes, while I worked on my three-point shot just in case a three-point contest ever broke out at work or something. I have to work on hitting the money ball.
.
As I shot to one of the side hoops, I noticed that I had either grown taller or the hoop was lowered for some reason. Ran up to touch the rim, and sure enough - I grabbed iron. Definitely short. I then proceeded to change my focus from three pointers to throwing down monster dunks with a mini ball that was conveniently laying on the court. I started with some warm-up two handed rim rockers, then proceeded to throw it in reverse for a couple. The boy was duly impressed.
.
Finally I tried the J.R. Rider dunk contest put-the-ball-between-the-leg-and-then-slamma-jamma dunk that I had perfected in high school.
.
Fail.
.
Now it's Wednesday, and my fingers still hurt, and my back hurts. Being old sucks.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, outstanding. let's take this party to Lincoln hoops!

    ReplyDelete